Laboratory Management ISO 17025 Team Leader
The ISO 17025:2017 Laboratory Management Systems Team Leader training is a 4-day Exemplar Global Certified course that teaches the principles and practices of effective laboratory management systems (LMS) and process audits in accordance with the ISO 17025:2-17 standard and ISO 19011:2018, "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems".
Experienced instructors guide participants through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom presentations, role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
Course Competency Units:
- LM - Laboratory Management Systems
- AU - Management Systems Auditing
- TL - Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Understand the quality management system requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Understand the laboratory management system requirements of ISO 17025:2017
- Identify and assess business, laboratory and associated process risks
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand auditor responsibilities, competencies and principles
- Understand audit program requirements per ISO 19011:2018
- Conduct all phases of an audit adopting a risk-based approach, particularly in the section of audit planning
- Conduct on-site activities
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Apply the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Reporting audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
- Understand the laboratory management system registration process
- Students Receive course manual/materials and workbooks.
- Students will need to come with a copy of ISO 9001:2015 which they can purchase at the ISO Store online.
- Students will need to come with a copy of ISO 17025:2017 which they can purchase at the ISO Store online.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting first party, second-party, or third-party audits
- Laboratory Managers
- Quality Managers
- Personnel responsible for auditing laboratory management systems – 1st, 2nd and 3rd party auditors.
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
A prior review of the ISO 9001:2015 standards
A prior review of the ISO 17025:2017 standards
A prior review of the ISO 19011:2018 standards
Internal Auditor Experience
Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested
Courses are taught by instructors with subject matter expertise. Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s). Students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).