Understanding Laboratory Management
ISO 17025:2017 Requirements Exemplar Global certified 2-day course is designed to provide participants with a basic knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025:2017 and its alignment with ISO 9001:2015. Course participants will gain a working understanding of key laboratory and quality management concepts, including risk analysis and establishing objectives and targets.
The course structure uses presentations, team-based workshop exercises and interactive discussions. A qualified instructor and experienced Lead Auditor will explain the ISO 17025 standard in detail, its correlation with ISO 9001:2015 and basic knowledge of how to audit the requirements of the standard.
Course Competency Unit:
- LM- Laboratory Management system
- Understand ISO 17025:2017 and ISO 9001:2015 management system definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand and interpret the requirements of ISO 17025:2017 standard
- Understand basics for implementing an effective laboratory system from quality, calibration, and test standpoints.
- Understand the process approach
- Understand the latest changes to the ISO/IEC 17025 International Standard
- Students Receive course manual/materials and workbooks.
- Students will need to come with a copy of ISO 9001:2015 which they can purchase at the ISO Store online.
- Students will need to come with a copy of ISO 17025:2017 which they can purchase at the ISO Store online.
Who Should Attend:
- Any individual requiring knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025:2017
- Quality Professionals/ Consultants
- Presidents/Vice Presidents/CEOs
- Laboratory Management
- Laboratory quality professionals
- Internal and Lead Auditors
- Accredited auditors requiring the competency to audit Laboratory Management Systems
Knowledge of quality management systems
Knowledge of Laboratory practices
An understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and/or ISO/IEC 17025:2017
ISO 9001:2015 requirements and experience in applying ISO/IEC 17025 is recommended
Courses are taught by instructors with subject matter expertise. Certificates of Successful Completion will be provided for students who are deemed "Competent" for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s). Students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).